Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apples and Punky's

Brrr... It is starting to get real chilly these days, so we are attempting to take advantage of the "warmer" days to get out and enjoy what is left of fall. Since the last post we took a trip to the Apple Farm with Nanny and Aunt Cheenie! Elsie loves apples. Anything that is round is referred to as an apple, but most recently she has said "punky" when prompted to say pumpkin! She helped Aunt Cheenie pick apples in the tree and was very focused on eating her apple. She even managed to swallow it instead of her usual chew, juice and spit out the skin. Ander, as usual, slept through the outing to the Apple Farm, but does make an appearance in the family picture with the pumpkins!

Halloween is fast approaching and the kids costumes are ready to go. We will have two crayons this year...a blue and yellow! I'm excited to post picture of our "colors" as Elsie calls them. Ryan is excited to take Elsie trick or treating. I decide he could take Elsie out this year. Last year Elsie was 8 months old at Halloween...what eight month old child eats candy...not mine thats for sure, so the candy would be for daddy. I don't think so. This year Daddy has a child that is capable of eating the candy she acquires...a little more acceptable than last year, in my opinion. We have a ridiculous amount of trick or treaters in our neighborhood, so my blue crayon and I will hold down the fort and hand out candy!

The upcoming week will be my last week of maternity leave. I will be heading back to work the first week of November. Hard to believe my 12 weeks is up already. I am excited to get back to work and for the kids to get back into their routine with Daddy and Nanny!

No comments:

Post a Comment