Friday, November 5, 2010

"BUH BYE"

I wish that I kept a diary, not for the purpose of pouring out my heart and soul, but simply to chronicle the events in the kids lives. At this point I mean Elsie, Ander isn't crazy..yet. And I'm not sure there were any crazy genes left after we had Elsie! I attempt to keep a fairly detailed photo album of all the major events, but life gets busy and I forget to update their books. With Elsie quickly developing her vocabulary and learning to put words together she is quite a ham. Yesterday we were in her play room and she was playing music and dancing. I approached the table because the music had stopped and I was going to play another song. Elsie quickly brushed my hand away and said "BYE". I got the hint, and left her alone. She often wants to "Sit, sit" on the counter while I'm working in the kitchen, and when I suggest that she come downstairs with Ander and I, instead of playing in her room she says "BUH BYE, BUH BYE".

A few facts about Elsie: 1- Elsie loves her peas! She has always loved them, and it doesn't seem like she can get them in fast enough! 2- Elsie knows her anatomy! Since Ander was born Elsie has pointed to Anders various facial features and named them...ears, eyes, mouth,nose, and most recently "cheekies". 3- Elsie frequently sticks her fingers in her ears and runs around the house, as well as up her nose! Nothing we encourage, but hey, she's curious! This evening at the dinner table Elsie combine two of her favorite things...peas and her nose! Fortunately the pea didn't get very far before I knocked it out of her nose. From that point on, and from this day forward, I will be extra careful with peas. I proceeded to provide stern education on where our food does and does not go! My camera wasn't ready, nor did I want to run and fetch it, to capture the pea in her nose, but I was able to get a nice photo of Elsie and her dessert!

Ander is growing like a weed. He is quite a little chunk weighing in at a little over 14 pounds. He is starting to become more vocal, cooing and smiling. He even enjoys his sister on occassion. He use to cry whenever she came near, but now he enjoys "playing" with her, and Elsie with him. She doesn't quite know what toys are appropriate for him to play with, but she's trying! I took this picture today because he was in his swing (rare occurance), happy in his swing (rare rare occurance) and I love his outfit (everyday occurance)!


No comments:

Post a Comment