Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Colors"

My search for Halloween costumes for the kids started with Sesame Street, but when cuteness and price compromised my ideas I turned to crayons. A yellow and blue crayon...definately the cutest crayons in Maine (Texas produced a few adorable crayons as well). Elsie loved being a "colors" and thought her hat was pretty cool too. If it weren't so windy it probably would have stayed on her head.

We ventured to a few houses around our neighborhood, but because it was insanely cold, we made it a quick trip and were back home to pass out buckets and buckets of candy. Our neighbor across the street is obsessed with Halloween. Not only does he have an overly decorated yard, but his front porch is a haunted house full of skulls, blood and guts! People drive from all over to see his decorations and as a result we get tons of trick or treaters. I was rather bummed with the costume selection I saw this year, nothing cute at all. Elsie didn't get a whole lot of candy because our outing was short, but she knew where her candy came from. "Apple, apple" she kept saying, as she pointed to her cloth pumpkin bag she put her candy in! "Candy, Candy" she says. I'm afraid she has a sweet tooth like her mom!


Its hard to believe it is already November, we have had a brief snowfall and it is getting really cold. I hate the winter, or at least driving in the winter, but I love the feeling of the wood stove burning nice and hot! Looking forward to winter only because it means warmer weather will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment