Friday, December 3, 2010

Cat Food Soup

I'm not quite sure what the fascination with cat food is, but Elsie seems to love it. Typically, our cat doesn't have water in her dish. She begs to drink water out of the faucet in the bathroom, and jumps in the tub after we get out to slurp up the last few drops before they escape down the drain. For once, Hobbies had water in her dish, and Elsie decided it was time to play. Not sure splashing in the water, but making a nice little soup. I would have posted a picture of her wonderful creation, but I'll spare you all. Once I had quarantined her from the area, put Ander in a safe place, and attempted to clean it up the food had absorbed all the water and made more of a slop. Nasty doesn't even begin to describe it!

Other than this nasty event, Elsie had a wonderful day. We have been learning how to say the different characters associated with Christmas...tree, Santa, Snowman, reindeer, etc. She is pretty good with them all. As we looked at the 3 stockings hanging in the entry (Ander's hasn't been delivered yet) Elsie looked at them and said "Santa". I then proceeded to say..Daddy, Mommy and Elsie, as I pointed to the various stockings. It was then that Elsie said her name for the first time. I pushed the envelope a little more the next day when we repeated this situation, and said..."What is your name?" and she responded by pointing to herself and saying "Its Elsie"! She knows who she is!

As most know Sesame Street is a huge favorite in this house. We have seen all the old episodes, the new ones, and tons of the movies. One of the newer episodes of Sesame Street has the dog Iggy, who steals the letter I from Telly and makes him chase him until he finally gets the "I" back. Elsie brought one of her foam letter, the "I", to me and said "Iggy". She is too smart! And it is so much fun watching her learn all these new things!
Ander is doing well as well. He will be four months soon, and has just recently started giving me a decent nights sleep. He also has begun to enjoy his exersaucer and Bumbo seat more than ever. He still is startled quite easily when Elsie comes around, but someday he'll be able to dish it back!

Looking forward to the Christmas season, we hope everyone else is as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment