Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Cards

I know for sure that the Christmas season is upon us when we have snow that actually stays on the ground, and my husband sleeps 98% of the time he is home. UPS has kept him very busy since Thanksgiving and I look forward to the season of online shopping and shipping to be over so we can get back on a normal schedule. So while he sleeps I attempt to accomplish some of the usual Christmas necessities. Christmas shopping is done and now just a little wrapping to finish up. Peanut butter balls have been rolled, dipped and spread to a couple families. And one of the most important tasks is to get out the Christmas cards. Last year we took a simple family picture, but this year I wanted to do something different. I thought I would take a little extra time to send out cards with wallet sized pictures inside. I would get a wicked cute pictures of the kids sitting all pretty in their Christmas outfits; pop it in the card, write a note and off to the post office they would go. Unforunately, it didn't go quite like that.

I set up an "appointment" with a friend. I have seen her capture so many cute moments of others kids I couldn't wait to see what she could do with my kids! A make shift studio in the basement, lots of toys, M&M's and screaming/giggling results in some precious pictures of my kids. I didn't get that perfect little picture of Elsie and Ander sitting all pretty and handsome looking straight at the camera...that would be too easy. We bribed with M&M's and photshopped colored drool and chocolate stains on the new white dress. We chased around and gots the kids yelling at each other to the point that they giggled. We went through a whole zoo of animal noises and "cheese"s. Laughing and crying...but she did it. Becky captured some beautiful and unique pictures of my kids. They weren't all perfect, but they were my kids. There personality was shining through like no other other photo has ever captured. So instead of that perfect little wallet sized photo I was going to use I changed directions back to the photo card with multiple pictures of the kids. It was impossible to choose just one.

I am not able to send Christmas cards to everyone, so her is a sampling of Becky's wonderful work!

We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas season full of memories with family and friends! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment